217 Marmion Street, COTTESLOE
ALL OFFERS BY DECEMBER 3, 2018 (unless sold prior)
BESPOKE BEACHSIDE LIVING
OPEN THIS SATURDAY 12:30pm-1:15pm
The 'White House' owned and designed by renown Cottesloe Architect Meaghan White is a fabulous mix of the original character residence with a stunning contemporary addition.
Located in central Cottesloe and only a short shady stroll to Cottesloe Main Beach and Cott Village this spectacular home is a work of art. Offering beautiful light filled spaces, an unrivalled sense of style and seaside environmental living.
The original 1930's home has been comprehensively renovated and extended with the three bedrooms and separated private main bedroom wing with en-suite and his and hers robes. The original front lounge oozes character, with open fireplace and glass doors to the spacious verandah that overlooks the fruit trees, vegetable garden, outdoor studio and built in trampoline. This area is the ideal kid zone.
The home opens up into a contemporary steel and glass living pavilion bathed in north facing light and the backdrop of the majestic John Street pines. An open plan kitchen, dining and living is the central hub of this home and an entertainers paradise with an oversized concrete island bench, beautiful Tasmanian blackwood cabinetry and all flowing seamlessly to the outdoors and pool area through large sliding doors. The Alfresco area has an outdoor fire, pizza oven and hot plate. The solar heated pool is a focal point with its glass front, outdoor hot and cold shower, surrounding decking and large white wall set up as an outdoor movie screen. Equally at ease as a quite relaxing family retreat or a stunning backdrop for a party of 100. It is lifestyle at its best!
- Miele appliances
- Integrated refrigerator and freezer
- Integrated dishwasher
- Built in Pantry
- Induction cook top
- Abundance of storage
- Study nook
Heading to the back of the house, there is a poolside multipurpose music room or kids playroom. From here it leads you up stairs to the generous studio with stunning elevated views of Cottesloe and Peppermint Grove to landscaped grounds and pool below. This space is fully self contained and has a kitchenette, full security and bathroom. Linked to the house but directly accessible from the rear lane connecting to John Street it is the ideal home office setting or separate parent or teenage retreat.
Locally and nationally published, this is a unique opportunity to purchase the personal home of one of Perth's most sought after residential Architects. Rarely do homes such as this come on to the market, it truly is exceptional and one of a kind. Don't delay in viewing!
- Extensive use of cavity sliders for separate zoning and privacy within the home
- Uber cool 750 bottle limestone cellar that is fully insulated and water-proofed with wired sound system and secure keypad entrance.
- Workshop/storage area under the house with keypad entrance
- Fully integrated laundry with built in washer, dryer, ironing, laundry baskets and linen storage
- Rear lane access to remote tilt door garage
- Outdoor hot/cold show
- Ducted reverse cycle A/C throughout
- Extensive louvers and Eriton ceiling fans for efficient cooling and natural ventilation
- Abundance of built in storage
- Full security alarm, cameras and intercom at the front and rear of the property
- 3.7m high ceilings throughout
- Fully reticulated gardens and verge
- Gas heater in Lounge
- Bench seating around pool used as storage
- A curated bespoke designer and handmade lighting features from Tom Dixon, Brendan Ravenhill to name a few
- Extensive use of architecturally selected and designed natural timbers, marble and custom concrete features
Rarely do homes such as this come on to the market, it truly is exceptional and one of a kind. Don't delay in viewing!
Read more »
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
- Security Alarm
- Secure Parking
- Polished Timber Floors